Raspberry Pi 5 8GB
OverViewRaspberry Pi 5 builds on the phenomenal success of Raspberry Pi 4. In comparison with its predecessor, it delivers a 2-3x increase in CPU performance, and a significant uplift in GPU performance, alongside improvement...
Raspberry Pi 5 builds on the phenomenal success of Raspberry Pi 4. In comparison with its predecessor, it delivers a 2-3x increase in CPU performance, and a significant uplift in GPU performance, alongside improvements to camera, display, and USB interfacing.
These interfacing improvements are delivered by the RP1 I/O controller chip, designed in-house at Raspberry Pi. For the first time, we have Raspberry Pi silicon on a flagship product!
- 2.4GHz quad-core, 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 CPU, with 512KB L2 caches and a 2MB shared L3 cache
- VideoCore VII GPU
- LPDDR4X-4267 SDRAM 8GB
- 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 5.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Micro SD card slot, with support for high-speed SDR104 mode
- 2 × USB 3.0 ports, supporting simultaneous 5Gbps operation
- 2 × USB 2.0 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet, with PoE+ support (requires PoE+ HAT)
- 2 × 4 lane MIPI camera/display transceivers
- PCIe 2.0 x1 interface for fast peripherals
- 5V/5A DC power (PD enabled)
- Raspberry Pi standard 40-pin header
- Real-Time Clock (RTC), powered via external battery
- On-board power button
The Raspberry Pi 5 8GB Uses:
Desktop computing: The Raspberry Pi 5 8GB can be used as a full-fledged desktop computer, running Linux operating systems such as Ubuntu and Raspberry Pi OS.
Media center: The Raspberry Pi 5 8GB is a great choice for building a media center, with its dual 4Kp60 HDMI display output and support for HEVC decoding.
Gaming: The Raspberry Pi 5 8GB can also be used for gaming, with its powerful CPU and GPU. It can run a wide range of games, including both classic and modern titles.
Development: The Raspberry Pi 5 8GB is a popular platform for software development, thanks to its affordability and flexibility. It can be used to develop applications for a variety of platforms, including Linux, Android, and Windows.
IoT: The Raspberry Pi 5 8GB is also a powerful platform for building IoT devices. It has a wide range of I/O options, making it easy to connect to sensors and actuators.